Thursday, September 20, 2012

Benjamin Zander/Conflict Resolution and classical Music.

I am sharing a brilliant talk I heard from the famous "TED talks". Before I heard this I never related music with mediation or Conflict Resolution leave alone classical Music.
I would highly recommend that you see this talk.

 Benjamin says "I was in Ireland during the Troubles, 10 years ago, and I was working with some Catholic and Protestant kids on conflict resolution. And I did this with them -- a risky thing to do, because they were street kids. And one of them came to me the next morning and he said,"You know, I've never listened to classical music in my life, but when you played that shopping piece ... " (Laughter) He said, "My brother was shot last year and I didn't cry for him. But last night, when you played that piece, he was the one I was thinking about. And I felt the tears streaming down my face. And you know, it felt really good to cry for my brother." So I made up my mind at that moment that classical music is for everybody. Everybody."







http://www.ted.com/talks/benjamin_zander_on_music_and_passion.html

No comments:

Post a Comment